Diploma of Positive Psychology and Wellbeing 10653NAT
A government accredited qualification.
A positive, life-changing experience!
Graduates of the Diploma of Positive Psychology and Wellbeing (10653NAT) agree that studying this quality course brings unexpected, profound, and life-changing experiences.
The Diploma offers a breakthrough opportunity to gain a nationally-recognised qualification in positive psychology. It is designed for busy professionals who want to build expertise as well as for individuals seeking an inspiring new direction in their personal or professional life. The course will enable you to apply positive psychology in your work and in your life, knowing that it is informed by research and best-practice. You will gain the knowledge and skill necessary to increase individual, business and collective wellbeing as well as the practical tools to make a significant and positive difference in people’s lives.
DIPLOMA OF POSITIVE PSYCHOLOGY & WELLBEING
Course code: 10653NAT
The course delivers comprehensive, university-level content in practical and applied contexts. It is also unique in drawing on the latest research in neuroscience and emotional intelligence.
There are many reasons to enrol in this course:
- You will participate in powerful personal development activities including wellbeing inventories, strengths assessment and coaching.
- The course includes robust workplace practice and competency-based assessment.
- Enrolment is easy and we will support you through the process.
- Our expert facilitators will inspire you and are highly experienced at applying and practising positive psychology.
- You can choose a specialisation in your area of expertise.
- The course is flexible and self-paced and your learning can be completed within a year.
- You will walk away with practical tools you can apply for immediate results.
Learn more about the course in our short video.
The Diploma of Positive Psychology and Wellbeing is the first course of its kind, offering coaches, psychologists, human resource professionals, business leaders, teachers and others comprehensive, credible training in applied positive psychology below post-graduate level.
The course is recognised by the Australian Skills Quality Authority as nationally recognised training and is approved by the British Psychological Society Learning Centre for the purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD). It is also supported by the Canadian and New Zealand Positive Psychology Associations.
A Diploma of Positive Psychology and Wellbeing from the Langley Group Institute will be awarded on successful completion.
Tangible outcomes and inspiring learning
The Diploma of Positive Psychology and Wellbeing equips you with the knowledge, skill and competence to apply positive psychology principles to increase individual, business and collective wellbeing. Career prospects will be enhanced in environments where capacity to build resilience, engagement and performance are required.
Candidates will learn to:
- measure and build individual, workplace and educational flourishing;
- plan, implement and assess positive psychology interventions and strategies.
A robust assessment process will determine your competency. Assessment tasks include active participation and skill demonstration, a journal of personal and professional learning, project plans, and reports of key readings and learnings.
10653NAT Diploma of Positive Psychology and Wellbeing
To be awarded the Diploma of Positive Psychology and Wellbeing participants must successfully complete eight units of competency made up of six core units and two electives. A robust self-paced assessment process will determine your competency.
Units of Competency: face to face training
- PPWRAT001 – Research and apply theories of positive psychology to establish and develop own level of wellbeing.
- PPWDAI002 – Develop and apply interventions to leverage positive emotions
- PPWDEI003 – Develop engagement interventions for personal and professional growth
- PPWDII004 – Develop and implement interventions to increase meaning and fulfilment in a personal and professional setting
- PPWDII005 – Develop and implement interventions to build positive relationships
- PPWEMA006 – Establish and monitor achievement of positive goals for personal and professional growth
Elective units: online
- PPWAPC007 – Apply positive coaching to increase individual wellbeing
- PPWIOP008 – Increase organisational performance through application of positive leadership strategies
- PPWDIP009 – Develop and implement positive parenting interventions
- PPWDSI010 – Develop strategies for implementation to create positive communities
- PPWDSI011 – Develop strategies for implementation to create positive education institutions
- PPWADSI012 – Develop strategies for implementation to increase positive human resource practices
For more information about course content download a course guide.
Expert facilitation and support
The course is developed by Sue Langley, a leading advisor and educator on the practical application of positive psychology. Her team of specialist facilitators, coaches and learning professionals will guide your learning. They live and breathe positive psychology, converting science into everyday language and simple, practical tools you can use every day in your work and life.
Fun, energising, experiential activities and tools bring positive psychology to life and help you immediately grasp and translate your learning into your work and life.
Learning consists of:
- Flexible learning to fit your lifestyle and work commitments; complete within 12 months at your own pace
- Six face-to-face days, plus online electives and peer cohort support
- Expert Strengths Profile and one-on-one coaching debrief session
- Psychological and wellbeing assessments
- Robust and engaging assessment tasks, including learning journals, workplace projects, action research and inspiring reading
The course fee for the Diploma of Positive Psychology and Wellbeing (10653NAT) is AU$7,400 and is GST exempt.
Payment schedule for the Diploma:
Deposit $1,500 (on registration)
Instalment 1 $2,000 (before starting the face-to-face training)
Instalment 2 $2,000 (within one month after completing the face-to-face training)
Instalment 3 $1,900 (within two months after completing the face-to-face training)
As the course is privately run, there is no FEE HELP assistance.
Payment plans are available.
Enrolments are accepted all year round. The course is extremely popular, so we recommend you complete your enrolment as early as possible. To guarantee your place, enrol at least four weeks before course commencement.
While courses are rarely cancelled, if minimum numbers have not been reached we will contact you to discuss the various options available to you.
Starts 1 November 2017
Starts 15 November 2017
Starts 21 March 2018
Starts 2 May 2018
Starts 20 June 2018
What People Say
"The Diploma of Positive Psychology blew my socks off in an amazing way! It offered such richness and quality. I am going to use positive psychology every day!"− Megan Hingston
"The Diploma of Positive Psychology and Wellbeing provides the evidence and framework for excellent professional development. The skills, strategies, discussion and activities contain all that's needed to enhance you personally. "− Frances Totney
"This course of study is exceptional, the facilitators inspiring, the experience potentially life-changing. Opportunities such as these are rare and in this case well worth it. Thank you, everything about the Diploma was brilliant."− Frances Totney
"I came to learn the science and have come away with a far richer experience and one that can only improve my wellbeing and those around me."− Vanessa Rider
"I'm absolutely speechless as this has been an amazing experience. I cannot express the gratitude I have – thank you for your amazing inspirational work."− Gil Richardson
"The Diploma was inspirational, educational, enlightening on a very personal level. I have left with a different more positive view of my world. You have changed my mindset forever."− Celia Venables
"The Diploma of Positive Psychology will educate, inspire and challenge you. Your life will be changed!"− Irene Fryer
"I have learnt more about myself, for my betterment, during the six-day intensive, workbook and assessment, than I have in 46 years of life. This course has woken me up and helped me realise why I am who I am, where I want to go, what I want to do and why. I see it as a journey to find myself.... that is turning into one heck of an adventure!"− Michelle McFadyen