PPWDAI002 – Develop and apply interventions to leverage positive emotions – Assessment
If you completed the face to face component of your Diploma prior to September 2017 your assessment requirements are different to those detailed below. Please refer to the relevant pages in your own personal Assessment book provided on the day.
Please ensure you have completed all the activities and reflection questions in your Assessment book ready for submission. For this unit these include:
- Body and brain exercise
- Energy chart
- My iceberg
- Happiness Pie
- Learned optimism
- Mindfulness and Learning Review
- Personal profile
See pages 8 to 25 of your Assessment book. Your Assessment book will be provided to you in hard copy on day one of the Diploma.
There is also a final assessment for this unit, which is detailed in your Assessment book.
Your final assessment for this unit is to complete the following three activities and write up a 500 word learning reflection on each intervention:
- Mood meter complete for two weeks either using the PDF provided on the login, or the Mood Meter app. Once you have completed for two weeks, evaluate your emotional journey and consider the learnings for yourself. Share with us where you spent your time, what you learnt about activities that contributed to specific mental and emotional states and what you might do more of, or less of moving forward.
- Gratitude letter write a gratitude letter to someone expressing your gratitude and thanks for their influence on your life. When you have completed the letter either visit them in person to read it, or if a personal visit is not possible post the letter then arrange a call when they read it. Again, write up your experience, learning and reflections
- Reflected best self exercise see page 20 – 27 for full details. Complete the exercise then write up your reflections and learnings. Download the exercise here
- Choose two new emotional management strategies that you would like to embed in your life, or create a habit around. Apply those strategies for two weeks and evaluate. Write up the effectiveness of the interventions on yourself and what you will continue to role model. You may like to link to the results of your diagnostics.
(The Reflected Best Self exercise is a copyrighted activity that we pay a per user licence to the University of Michigan for, therefore please do not use this without prior permission or payment to the University of Michigan)
We are not looking for a formal essay style. These assessments are personal and informal. They are designed to show you have completed the exercise and reflected on the experience to expand your learning about yourself. It will also help you understand the impact of the exercises if you choose to prescribe the interventions to clients or colleagues in the future in your working life.
Once you have completed your assessments please submit to Roxanne via email (email@example.com). Once completed you will also need to provide a copy of your Assessment Book; this can be scanned and emailed through to us or posted to our office at – 42 William Street, Balaclava VIC 3183. Please take a copy of your completed Assessment Book before sending through the post!
Assessments will be marked all together upon receipt of the final assessment in order to provide an holistic view of your learning.