PPWDII004 – Develop and implement interventions to increase meaning and fulfilment in different settings – Assessment
If you completed the face to face component of your Diploma prior to September 2017 your assessment requirements are different to those detailed below. Please refer to the relevant pages in your own personal Assessment book provided on the day.
Please ensure you have completed all the activities and reflection questions in your Assessment book ready for submission. For this module these include:
- Meaning activity
- Meaning application – Values
- Meaning making exercise
- Mindfulness and Learning review
- Personal profile
See page 9 to 15 of your Assessment book. Your Assessment book will be provided to you in hard copy on day one of the Diploma.
There is also a final assessment for this module, which is detailed in your Assessment book.
Your final assessment for this module is to complete the following activities:
1.Meaning theory assignment
One assessment for this module is a 1000 1500 word essay on the key theories around meaning and their theoretical application. This assessment may be based on the activities and discussions in the class, key readings, notes in the workbook, additional readings provided, as well as additional research you may have undertaken.
Your essay can to include the following areas, yet can be structured in any way you choose.
- Identify the key theories that resonate with you
- Extract themes and key messages and how they link to other overarching positive psychology theories
- Evaluate how these meaning frameworks and theories could be applied – personally or professionally
- Consider the benefits and limitions of any of these theories in your view
This is the first piece, and can be combined nicely with part 2….
2. Meaning application assignment
The second assessment for this module is a 1000 1500 word reflection your own sense of meaning, values and analysis from the diagnostics, as well as actions or developments you are / have implemented.
Your reflection essay can to include the following areas, yet can be structured in any way you choose.
- Identify how your values impact you daily at work and home
- Explain how this add / detracts from your sense of meaning in life
- What actions have you put in place for increasing a sense of meaning in your life – at home or work
- Evaluate the results and next steps
3.Random acts of kindness complete five random acts of kindness in one day. Write up your experience in a 500 word learning reflection.
- Complete five random acts of kindness or different types in one day a
- Evaluate the impact on yourself and those involved
- What can you learn from ‘treating yourself as a scientific experiment’ and what are your ongoing actions?
Again, we are not looking for a formal essay style. These assessments are personal and informal. They are designed to show you have completed the exercise and reflected on the experience to expand your learning about yourself.
Once you have completed your assessment please submit to Roxanne via email (email@example.com). Once completed you will also need to provide a copy of your Assessment Book; this can be scanned and emailed through to us or posted to our office at – 42 William Street, Balaclava VIC 3183. Please take a copy of your completed Assessment Book before sending through the post!
Assessments will be marked all together upon receipt of the final assessment in order to provide an holistic view of your learning.