PPWDII005 – Develop and implement interventions to build positive relationships – Pre Work
The following need to be completed prior to starting this unit.
Please go to the Readings tab to read the following:
- The Social Brain Hypothesis (Dunbar, 1998)
- Dynamic spread of happiness in a large social network: longitudinal analysis over 20 years in the Framingham Heart Study (Fowler & Christakis)
- Beyond Reciprocity: Gratitude and Relationships in Everyday Life (Algoe, Haidt and Gable, 2008)
- The Role of Positivity and Connectivity in the Performance of Business Teams (Losada and Heaphy)
- Video – 30 Gifts to 30 Strangers
The following are optional.
Please go to the Additional Readings tab to read the following:
- Cooperative behavior cascades in human social networks (Fowler and Christakis, 2010)
- It’s the little things Everyday gratitude as a booster shot for romantic relationships (Algoe, Gable and Maisel, 2010)
- Leadership and expectations Pygmalion effects and other self-fulfilling prophecies in organizations (Eden, 1992)
- These kids were elementary-school kids, after all, so why shouldn’t it work (Iowa, 2005)
- The Longitudinal Association between forgiveness and relationship closeness and commitment (Tsang, Mccullough and Finchan, 2006)
- Toolkit: Fostering High-Quality Connections. How to Deal with Corrosive Relationships at Work (Dutton, 2003)